We respect the privacy of the visitors of our website and our clients. We ensure that the personal information you give us is treated confidentially and guarantee a careful and discreet handling. We process personal data in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
Personal data that we process
Compare 2 Compete processes personal data about you because you make use of our services, memberships and / or website and / or because you provide them yourself. We do not always process all the data below. That depends on which services and functionalities you choose to use on our websites. For example, we only process your CV, motivation letter and education level when you apply with us. And we process your e-mail address in almost all activities.
Below is an overview of the personal data that we process:
- Company Name
- Address data
- Phone number
- Mobile number
- E-mail address
- Information about your activities on our website www.compare2compete.com
- IP address
- Internet browser and device type
- From users of our applications
- Password (encrypted)
- Information about the use of the application
- Gender, function, first name, last name, initials, job title, telephone number if you actively provide it
- IBAN / bank account if you make a payment to us
- IP address
- Internet browser and device type
- Log-in attempts, date
- From applicants and employees
- Name and address details
- Date of birth
- Motivation letter
Compare 2 Compete does not process special and / or sensitive personal data about you. It is possible that our customers request special and / or sensitive personal data from you in their questionnaires. They are responsible for this and have a processor agreement with us which ensures that we do not do anything with this data and will protect it in good faith.
Why we need data (purposes)
Compare 2 Compete processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- to offer you the possibility to order subscriptions via our websites and to make use of all functionalities and services on the websites;
- to process your order and inform you about its progress;
- to process your application;
- execution of the service agreement with you;
- execution of the service agreement with another customer, to which you are linked in one way or another;
- legal obligation, such as information that we need to meet our administrative obligation;
- reduce fraud and software piracy and protect you and our system;
- to communicate with you by sending electronic newsletters and / or mail and to provide you with information about our services and to provide answers to your questions;
- to improve our websites.
We only use the personal data for the purpose for which you have provided them and for which they are strictly necessary.
We do not check on age. If you are 16 or younger, you may only use our website, application and services under the supervision of your parents or legal representatives.
How long we store data
Compare 2 Compete will not store your personal data longer than is strictly necessary to realize the purposes for which your data is collected. Our storage period (s) are:
- 7 years in case of administrative obligations,
- during the term of the agreement with you or the customer connected to you plus 1 year
- otherwise for the duration for which you give us permission to process your data.
Share with others
Compare 2 Compete will not sell your information to third parties and will only provide this information if this is necessary for the execution of our agreement with you or the customer connected with you or to comply with a legal obligation. With companies that process your data in our assignment, we conclude a processor agreement to ensure the same level of security and confidentiality of your data. Compare 2 Compete remains responsible for these processing operations.
When we provide your data to a third party, we make sure, among other things (with an agreement), that your data will not be used for other purposes. We also agree that your data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed.
Where your data is stored
Our application database, e-mails and files are all in the EU. Compare 2 Compete does not transfer your data to a country or area outside the EU.
The controllers, our customers of our application, can choose to download data (including your personal data) to their own systems, which can be located outside the EU. We have no view on this, nor are we responsible for this. Contact the controller if you want to know how they handle your data.
Mapping website visit (cookies)
Our website uses different types of cookies. We think it is important that you have control over your online privacy. That is why we would like to inform you as completely as possible about which cookies we use and for what purposes.
Compare 2 Compete uses only technical and functional cookies. And analytical cookies that do not infringe your privacy. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer, tablet or smartphone when you first visit this website. The cookies we use are necessary for the technical operation of the website and your ease of use. They ensure that the website works properly and remember, for example, your preferences. We can also optimize our website with this. You can opt out of cookies by setting your internet browser so that it does not store cookies anymore. In addition, you can also delete all information previously saved via the settings of your browser.
View, modify or delete data
You have the right to view, correct or delete your personal data that we have collected from you. If you have an account on our application, you can log in and view and edit your data.
If we have collected data directly from you, you can send a request for inspection, correction or deletion to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to ensure that the request for access has been made by you, we ask you to send a copy of your identity document with your request. We ask you to block your photo and citizen number in this copy. This is to protect your privacy. Compare 2 Compete will respond to your request as soon as possible, but within four weeks.
If we have received your data from a customer of us (the controller), you must address this request to this customer.
Compare 2 Compete takes the protection of your data seriously and takes appropriate measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification. We ensure that only the necessary persons have access to the data, that access to the data is protected and that our security measures are checked regularly.
Compare 2 Compete has taken the following measures, amongst others, to protect your personal data:
- Security software, such as a firewall that provides access based on rules and also recognizes patterns and adds automatic blocks.
- TLS (formerly SSL). We send your data via a secure internet connection. You can see this at the address bar 'https' and the padlock in the address bar.
- SPF. We use SPF to prevent you from receiving e-mails on our behalf that contain viruses, are spam or are intended to obtain personal (login) data.
- IP address and login protections that ensure that only authorized persons have access to the management functions of our systems and your data.
- Automatic checks to check our systems at patch level and correct configuration based on the latest known vulnerabilities.
We expect similar safeguards from partners with whom we work.
If you have the impression that your data is not properly secured or there are indications of misuse, please contact our customer service or email@example.com.
On our website we show videos and other content that you can promote and share via a button via social networks. For the functioning of these buttons, social media companies, such as Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Google, place cookies so that they can recognize you when you are logged into that social network. They also collect data about the page you share.
Compare 2 Compete has no influence on the way in which these platforms handle personal data and does not have responsibility for this and accepts no liability whatsoever.
For more information about the data that social media companies collect, we refer to the privacy statements of these companies.
Changes to this privacy statement
Compare 2 Compete reserves the right to change the privacy statement unilaterally. Changes will be published on this website. Always the most recent version of the privacy statement applies. It is therefore advisable to consult this privacy statement regularly, so that you are aware of these changes.
Of course we would be happy to help you if you have complaints about the processing of your personal data. Should you nevertheless not agree with us, then you also have the right under the privacy legislation to file a complaint with the privacy authority, the Dutch ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’. Please contact the ‘Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens’.
This (renewed) privacy statement came into effect on May 22, 2018.